About Me

My photo
I am a young, 20 year old female, of dominican descent, who aspires to become a neurologist. My dream is: Achieving and accomplishing what many have not yet succeeded at in the neurological world. My hopes is to better the lives of many, helping adults and children all over the world. I want to donate my talent and time to 3rd world countries that need it the most and teach many other physicians that it is not all about the money, it is about saving and changing lives. This blog is designed for people that demonstrate an appreciation towards certain topics such as music, world issues, poetry, and science topics. Constructive comments and critiques are welcomed. Negativity is not allowed.

Pages

Blogger templates

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Would you finish your education before getting married?

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Signs of Abuse Part 1

This is a factual story that occurred August 2010 to a very special friend.
                   The Horrid Truth To a Beautiful Facade 
     Golden child of the family and honor roll student for twelve years, Alexa didn't know how hard college away from home would be. Alexa's first year in college wasn't the best but she continued her journey onward and felt the need for a fresh new start. In June she decided that she would transfer to a new University. She wanted new people, new town, a brand new beginning. This story begins in June 2010. Alexa met this guy named Ricardo 2 years back in her native town; New York at a party. He relocated shortly after that party to Atlanta, GA. She recently found him on facebook and added him, later finding out he was in the same town she was going to transfer to. She had a major crush on him and was really excited to move. They both decided once she arrived to G.A they would make the relationship official depending how things went.
-----> August 2010
     I was so excited. Putting on some blush and light lip gloss. What perfume do I wear? Ahhh I hope he likes it. I haven't seen Ricardo in 2 years, I hope he likes me.....
He invited me to go to the music studio he worked in. I rapped for fun but little did I know that the people there would like what they heard. The music studio began to be our daily meeting spot. He would take me out for lunch and buy me flowers after recording sessions. He was always flattering me telling me that I was the one for him. To be honest before this I never had a guy tell me things like this, wine and dine me, and make me feel as if I were the  only girl in the world. I fell hard, so fast, in such a short period of time. I tried catching myself but I felt as if he was really the one for me and it would all fall into place.
    Ricardo at the time was living with the owner of the music studio. All his family was in California and he was in Georgia alone. Little did I know what he had in mind. Two weeks in of the relationship he confronted me about leaving the place he was living at and staying with me for a bit till he could rent his own place. I never in my life had lived with a guy and I simply told him no. He flipped out and told me that I didn't love him and that now that he needs me the most I turn my back on him.  After giving it some thought I told him he could stay.  I didn't see the harm and figured to myself what is the worst that could happen to me? Little did I know this was the beginning of the hell that I would go through on earth.
   Three days after living with him things were going fine. My phone rang late one night indicating that I had received a text. I happened to be cooking while Ricardo was on the computer. I put my things down in the kitchen and went to check my phone. The text was from my ex that lived back home telling me that he missed me. I chose not to respond and didn't put much thought to it, thinking that he would get the hint. As I continued cooking, Ricardo grabbed my phone and began searching through it. He asked me what the text was about and I simply told him it was no big deal. Angered I was that he was going through my phone already, I told him to put it down and simply forget about it. He got furious and raised his voice at me and accused me of cheating. I told to stop lifting false accusations and just drop it but he refused to let this go. He began deleting all the phone numbers in my phone book. I was bewildered and snatched my phone away from him. I told him ," You DO NOT PAY MY PHONE BILLS let alone my PARENTS WHO ACTUALLY Help pay my bill do not go through my phone, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" He stayed quiet but his face turned from normal to bewildered in a matter of seconds. The chills went through my body as I clutched my phone. I held onto it as if it were the most valuable thing to me at that moment. Right then at that moment I realized that what I had done by letting him stay with me was the biggest mistake I could ever make. He simply told me I had 5 seconds to hand him the phone. I wasn't sure what to do, like a stubborn 5-year old I told him no and began to shed tears. I began to pray to God hoping he would just leave me alone and forget about it. He thrusted me and grabbed my arms as tight as he possible could and shook me. I cried "you are hurting me please stop." I threw the phone and threw myself towards the ground trying to get away. He finally let go and all I could do was cry. He hugged me and told me he was sorry and that he didn't mean to act like that. I ran into the bathroom and locked myself in there. I looked at myself in the mirror in shock just watching myself cry. As I took off my shirt I began to  see bruises all over my arm and side. Finger prints, as if some one had took blue ink and put it on their fingers and just stamped it all over me. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. At this moment I felt trapped, I didn't want this to happen again. This argument was over a text message imagine if it was something bigger, I kept thinking to myself. He knocked on the door, I jumped feeling uneasy. He said he was sorry and asked me if I was okay? My heart sank and was unsure of what to do next....
To Be Continued........

No comments:

Post a Comment