About Me

My photo
I am a young, 20 year old female, of dominican descent, who aspires to become a neurologist. My dream is: Achieving and accomplishing what many have not yet succeeded at in the neurological world. My hopes is to better the lives of many, helping adults and children all over the world. I want to donate my talent and time to 3rd world countries that need it the most and teach many other physicians that it is not all about the money, it is about saving and changing lives. This blog is designed for people that demonstrate an appreciation towards certain topics such as music, world issues, poetry, and science topics. Constructive comments and critiques are welcomed. Negativity is not allowed.

Pages

Blogger templates

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Would you finish your education before getting married?

Friday, September 23, 2011

Marriage and Divorce

I heard recently that more and more people are no longer getting married with the fear of divorcing stuck in their mind? I think this is so dumb. In 1970, 78% of Americans were married and out of those 78% only 27% divorced. Love just no longer seems promising any more? What are the differences? Women and Men haven't ceased to cheat and temptations have always lingered out there. Could it be technology cutting relationships short promoting infidelity? Could these so called "awesome ways" of staying in contact with old friends and family members through social networks be the "gun shot to these wounded relationships?"

In general people now a days don't seem to take their spouse seriously, have a hard time in compromising, or till it gets to the point that verbal, physical, and mental abuse is present. Is this really what love and relationships have come down to?

Honestly I am scared to get involved in a relationship, I will be completely honest I don't want to go through broken promises and damaged dreams anymore. If I do get into a relationship I want it to last. I want it to be with the man who I will get married with. If and when that day comes that I do get married I want it to last forever. I want it to be eternal. I don't want a weekend father for my kids. I don't want my children for the school year and the father has them for the summer or every school break. I want to do things as a family and have me and my husband be there for our children and watch them grow together.

Will I ever find this?  I don't have the slightest clue. I know I end up falling in love it won't happen for a very long time.
I don't yearn for perfection because even perfection has its flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment