About Me

My photo
I am a young, 20 year old female, of dominican descent, who aspires to become a neurologist. My dream is: Achieving and accomplishing what many have not yet succeeded at in the neurological world. My hopes is to better the lives of many, helping adults and children all over the world. I want to donate my talent and time to 3rd world countries that need it the most and teach many other physicians that it is not all about the money, it is about saving and changing lives. This blog is designed for people that demonstrate an appreciation towards certain topics such as music, world issues, poetry, and science topics. Constructive comments and critiques are welcomed. Negativity is not allowed.

Pages

Blogger templates

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Would you finish your education before getting married?

Sunday, January 1, 2012

4 Ethical Sexual Questions



Today I stumbled upon this article Let’s talk about sex: Four ethical questions (http://www.usatodayeducate.com/staging/index.php/ccp/lets-talk-about-sex) and there were 4 questions that I have decided to answer in my blog.
1. What do I want sex to mean?
Sex to me isn't just a physical pleasure of a matter a minutes. I won't lie at first it only meant just that but later I wanted meaning. I thank God I didn't have to abuse of it before I realized that I want sex to have meaning and not just a quick workout. What I want out of sex is to share a connection with the person who I plan to engage in it with and God forbid there is an outcome from having sex (pregnancy) I don't want to regret the person that I had sex with. I think a relationship is very important and with out one I don't plan to have sex.


2. Do my partner and I both understand sex the same way?
I think it is important that sex overall should be understood the same way by both partners. Not everyday will it be passionately with the extras on the side but most the time it should hold the same meaning to both partners. Both should be on the same page in the same book ;)


3. Does the sex show respect for me and my partner?
Meaningless sex sux 100% and when you are forced to do things that you really don't want to is meaningless if both partners aren't happy. Sometimes couples need to compromise but ultimately if you are completely grossed out and do not want to do a certain sexual act it shouldn't be forced upon the person.


4. Am I choosing to have sex or am I letting alcohol make the decision for me?
I have never had sex under the influence personally so I can say this question doesn't pertain to me. I hope to never have sex under the influence. I like to be in control of situations and I know that serious things can occur once you let alcohol take control.


This is a little insyder on how I feel about sex. Overall I don't want sex until I have a boyfriend. There is alot of responsibility behind sex and I need some one who cares for me just as much as I care for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment